|Season 2, Episode 8|
|Air Date||November 25, 2005|
|Storyboard by||Joe Murray|
|Written by||Mark O'Hare and Joe Murray Merriwether Williams and Steve Little (story)|
|Directed by||Russell Calabrese|
|Handy Helper||Hello Dolly|
Love Sick is the eighth episode of season two and the thirty-fourth episode on the series.
In the annual Tug-Of-War competition between Camp Kidney and Acorn Flats (where Acorn Flats always wins), Edward gets annoyed by Lazlo making rope shapes. Afterwards, a vicious pull sees Clam fly and clonk heads with Gretchen. Gretchen is fine, but Clam comes off second best and goes to Nurse Leslie's.
A mucus sample from Clam's nose proves Clam is lovesick on Gretchen and is needed to be kept away from Gretchen at all times.
Piping hot tea won't cure Clam, so after contacting his grandma, Lazlo discovers that a certain pie cures love sickness. However, while Raj and Lazlo ride the rails, Clam escapes and finds Gretchen and accidentally ties their neckerchiefs together in a heart shaped knot. Patsy and Nina soon find out and sound the 'Lovesick Bean Alarm'. Gretchen drags Clam around (in a heart shape) and Clam and Gretchen fight, causing the two in a one-on-one tug of war on their neckerchiefs. The two clonk heads again and Gretchen falls love sick with Clam, however Raj and Lazlo arrive and throw the pie in Gretchen's face, eradicating the love sickness.
- Sergeant Jones - Larry Hochman [CPM] (Opening)
- Mud - Ron Aspery (Lazlo and Raj make knots with the rope)
- La Marseillaise (B) - Dick Walter (Clam makes a knot of the Eiffel Tower)
- Polly Wolly Doodle [Arrangement by Andy Paley] (Edward tells them what to do)
- Bugle Fanfare 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [CPM] (The Tug-O-War match is about to begin)
- Day at the Races - Jack Beaver (Drum roll)
- [Original music by Andy Paley] (During the game)
- Link (Y) - Patricia Cory [FirstCom Music] ("Clam!")
- Link (Q) - Patricia Cory [FirstCom Music] (Clam is hurt)
- Clown's Walk B - Otto Sieben (Clam follows the Squirrel Scouts)
- Nick & Nora - John Cacavas [Killer Tracks] (Clam sees Nurse Leslie)
- Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy (Nurse Leslie says that Clam is in love with Gretchen)
- Sci-Fi Shocker - Kevin Hiatt [Megatrax] ("Love Sickness?")
- Backporch Blues (A) - Richard Myhill (Clam is actually sick from love)
- Apalachian Banjo Duel - Larry Hochman [CPM] (Lazlo and Raj borrow Nurse Leslie's books)
- Backporch Blues A - Richard Myhill (Clam draws a picture of Gretchen)
- Apalachian Banjo Duel - Larry Hochman [CPM] ("Are you ready Raj?")
- Panto Intro [#56] - David Farnon [CPM] (They try to cure his Love Sickness)
- Anybody Home - Jack Trombey [De Wolfe Music] ("Raj! Didn't your mother have a tea that cured everything?")
- Link (V) - Patricia Cory [FirstCom Music] (Raj looks annoyed)
- Springtime for Lovers - Len Stevens (Raj makes his mother's tea)
- Hide and Seek - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [CPM] (Lazlo gives Clam the soup)
- Link (Z) - Patricia Cory [FirstCom Music] (It didn't work)
- Bruce Trail - James Kalamasz, Alain James [BMGPM] (Lazlo says he might know how to cure Love Sickness)
- [Original music by Andy Paley] (Lazlo and Raj ride to a pie shop)
- Link (X) - Patricia Cory [FirstCom Music] (Clam goes to Acorn Flats)
- Oberlander - Wolfgang Kaltenbach (Lazlo and Raj buy a Brazilian Plantain Parchment Pear Pie)
- Staggering Home - Dick Walter (Clam goes into Gretchen's cabin)
- Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy (Clam appears again)
- Tomfoolery - Clive Richardson [CPM] ("Uh, Gretchen sick.")
- Shock Stinger [#86] - Kevin Hiatt, Charles Blaker [Megatrax] ("Love Sickness!!!")
- House of Horror - William Farran (Gretchen tries to get away from Clam)
- Link (Z) - Patricia Cory [FirstCom Music] (Their neckerchiefs get tangled)
- Paris Pavements - Dick Walter ("Love knot.")
- Funny Walks - Johnny Pearson (Patsy and Nina come by)
- Evil Alien Attack 1 [#15] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ("Love sick Bean!")
- Recuse - Cecil Milner (The Squirrel Scouts run away from Clam)
- [Original music by Andy Paley] (Lazlo and Raj go to Acorn Flats)
- One, Two, Three, Whoops - Dennis Farnon ("Oh no!")
- Battle at Sea - Johnny Pearson (Clam and Gretchen argue)
- Musette Madeleine - Roland Kovac (Gretchen gets love sick)
- [Original music by Andy Paley] (Lazlo and Raj arrive)
- Slick in the City - Kenny Graham ("Well? What are you looking at, mutant!?")
- Our Mr. Meredith - Eric Winstone (Nurse Leslie leaves)
- Poppin' Around - Bruce Campbell (Lumpus is now love sick)
- 99 Bottles of Beer [Arrangement by Andy Paley] (End credits scene)
- Kaffizzle River Curry Pepper Tea can apparently cure anything but love sicknes, and is also said to be hotter than magma.
- If the tea was hotter than magma, shouldn't it have melted the cup? However, taking into consideration of Raj's habit of being somewhat of a drama queen, he was probably exaggerating.
- Also, if the tea was that hot, there's no way Lazlo could keep holding it with his bare hands.
- Brazilian Plantain Persimmon Pear Pie is the only thing that actually cures love sickness.
- It's revealed that Clam's allergic to ducks, which explains why he is not allergic to Edward, who is a platypus.
- It's revealed that Acorn Flats has a "love-sick Bean alarm" for whenever a love-sick Bean Scout comes into the camp, and it also works similar to a lockdown alarm system, while the handle and break glass is like the handles from a fire alarm system.
- Raj used the story quote "I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can" from The Little Engine That Could.
- This was the last episode to be aired in 2005
- After Clam gets hit in the head with Gretchen in the beginning, you can see in a scene, Patsy, Gretchen and Ms. Doe leaving. However, before the scene going with Nurse Leslie, you can see Ms. Doe's feet in the stand, which in the other scene, she was leaving with the Squirrel Scouts.
- Even though Lazlo spills the tea it never disappears
- Clam: Get lost yourself!
- Lazlo: Love sickness, love sickness, fly away home. Love sickness, love sickness, leave Clam alone.
- Raj: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.