|Scoop of the Century|
|Season 3, Episode 24|
|Air Date||February 23, 2007|
|Storyboard by||J.G. Quintel|
|Written by||Mike Roth|
|Directed by||Russell Calabrese|
|Taking Care of Gretchen||Boxing Edward|
Scoop of the Century is the twenty-fourth episode of season three and the episode on the series.
Lazlo helps Dave and Ping Pong make their camp newspaper better. When they find "The scoop of the century" the paper sells much better. Lumpus, not being permitted to read the paper due to camp rules, thinks they wrote something bad about him and becomes obsessed with reading the paper. It turns out to be just a toothpick sculpture made by Samson.
When Lazlo helps Dave and Ping Pong improve the Camp Kidney scout-run newspaper, they find the "Scoop of the Century." Mr. Slinkman explains to Scoutmaster Lumpus that scoutmasters aren't allowed to read the newspaper, as it's for Bean Scouts only, and Lumpus becomes obsessed with trying to read it after assuming they wrote nasty things about him in their newspaper.
- Facts about the Camp Kidney-weekly newspaper:
- It was originally called "The Weekly Bean" until Lazlo changed it to just "The Bean!"
- Scoutmasters aren't allowed to read the paper, as it's for Bean Scouts only.
- Before Lazlo helped Dave and Ping-Pong improve the newspaper, nobody but him actually read the newspaper.
- According to The Bean!, the "scoop of the century" was Samson building a giant toothbrush out of toothpicks.
- There's an animation mistake involving a headline of The Bean!. The headline reads "local hamster builds giant toothbrush out of toothpicks" which refers to Samson, however, Samson's a guinea pig.
- The pig-Bean Scout is called by the nickname Teddy or Ted in both episode segments in this episode.
- Shortly after Lazlo had left the mess hall and talks to Dave and Ping-Pong, his nostrils disappeared about three times.
- Lumpus (as Scooter) replaces all the water in Leaky Lake with cream soda, yet when the camera zooms out to the float toy, the soda's no longer the lake water.
- Lumpus: I'm going to brush my teeth.
- Edward: Do you think we should have told him which toothbrush we used to clean the latrines?
- (Dave and Ping-Pong hold up newspaper gear and smile)
- Dave: Yes?
- Lumpus: Hello, there. I need some newspaper for the bottom of my birdcage. The latest issue of The Bean!, perhaps.
- Dave: Your bird isn't even alive!